Launched in 2012, Casumo offers nearly 2,000 online casino games from table offerings to slots, jackpots and more, with new titles being added all the time to rub shoulders with classic favourites. Oh, and there’s a pretty realistic live casino in the mix as well!
Casumo works with some of the biggest software developer names in the business, including Microgaming and NetEnt, and is regulated and licensed by two of the world’s strictest and most respected regulators, the UK Gambling Commission and the Malta Gaming Authority.
The site has picked up an impressive haul of industry awards since it was launched, and prides itself on its open, honest and friendly approach as well as the security of its transactions. Its vibrant design is another big plus.
In common with most gambling sites, Casumo offers a range of bonuses, regular promotions and similar perks to welcome new players, while keeping existing customers happy with ongoing promotions. And there are many creative ways of getting bonuses with this operator, from free and bonus spins to cash.
You’ll find bonus sizes vary, along with the attached terms and conditions, which are always made clear at the time. And you may be able to convert your bonus into real money in your account ready for withdrawal, again subject to certain conditions.
Casumo calls its innovative bonus structure an ‘adventure’, in keeping with the site’s theme of travelling through space.
You collect ‘valuables’ by gathering points to lift you up into higher levels and new ‘planets’ of participation, with rewards as you play. Think of these as bonus codes which you can use throughout your time at Casumo.
You also win trophies for completing certain tasks, and these are stored in your adventure page.
Each time you play, points take you to fresh levels in the adventure. Your adventure page has a progress bar showing how far you’ve ‘travelled’, and for each new level, you have more chances to win valuables.
Once you set up your account, you also get your own avatar, with a rope around its waist, representing beginner’s level. The belt changes as you play and move up levels. Each new one offers the chance to win valuables, which become better as you advance.
Sometimes, you may not earn a reward as you move up a level, but that just makes it more likely that you will do so next time.
After the rope belt, go for white, followed by the yellow, red, blue and purple until you reach black-belt level.
Alternatively, you may find, for example, a clutch of free spins awaiting you when you log in.
Here are some stats showing just how rewarding playing at Casumo can be:
- On average, the site hands out a daily total of 31,000 rewards
- Daily, more than £340,000 free spins rounds are played
- Last year, more than £3.5m was paid out in jackpot game wins
- Millions of ‘valuables’ have been handed out in the past year
The welcome bonus
The welcome bonus is a key part of this site’s appeal, and you can bag a total of a £300 bonus plus 30 stake-free spins, so make the most of it. It works like this:
- Immediately on registering, you get 30 wager-free spins for the classic slot Book of Dead, with no deposit needed, so you can try the game without spending any of your hard-earned cash – claim those free whirls within 30 days
- On your first deposit of at least a tenner, you get a maximum of £300 100% deposit bonus
You win these as rewards in a specific game. Here’s how it works:
- Spins come with a wagering requirement of 30x stake. (This is the sum you need to bet to release your bonus winnings into your main cash balance.) Bonus money becomes real money once this requirement is met. Most games will count towards your wagering requirement, although not all of them. A list of each game’s contribution to wagering requirements can be found within the frequently asked questions here.
- You can activate free spins through your account once you are logged in. They’re then launched, and your chosen game begins automatically.
You receive these as rewards after depositing a particular sum that you’ll be told about in advance. Wins are converted to bonus money, and usually subject to a 30x wagering requirement.
Other regular perks to look out for include Reel Races which start every hour or so and you can opt in to receive a set amount of spins, for example, 100, 150 or 200. Spins that are completed in full within each Reel Race timescale will count towards your total.
Reel Races are only played on qualifying games, with the winning players determined using a ranking system. Some are boosted, meaning bigger prizes, including daily £2k hauls, £5k on Sundays. Expect a fast-paced, dynamic environment within fixed timescales.
With some games, listed when you log on, you get a random cash reward on a spin that can be worth up to £8k.
Finally, another ticketing event gives out prizes on set dates and if you meet the pre-determined requirement within certain games, you earn a ticket when you bet £10 on a specific game, which changes every week.
All in all, we reckon Casumo offers an exciting and varied programme of rewards – as long as you’re mindful of which games contribute to your wagering requirements.
It all goes to show that, as Michael Jordan said:
Gambling is not a bad thing if you do it within the framework of what it's meant to be, which is fun and entertaining.