Horse racing was one of the first sports that people would place bets on. It has a long-running history dating back many centuries. In fact, along with football, it is one of the most bet on sports in Europe. Many top-quality horse races take place every week, so there are always great opportunities to place bets on races as you see fit.
- Cheltenham Festival – The Cheltenham Festival takes place every March at the Cheltenham Racecourse. It takes place over a number of days and some of the best horses ever have raced at the Festival. The two biggest races during the Festival are the Champion Hurdle and the Gold Cup.
- Grand National – The Grand National takes place in April most years at Aintree Racecourse, close to Liverpool. It runs over more than four miles and then it is the most lucrative jumps race in Europe.
- Kentucky Derby – The Kentucky Derby is the biggest horse race that takes place in the United States and it is held at the Churchill Downs Racetrack. It has a purse of more than $3 million and it has been taking place since 1875.
How to play
Types of Horse Racing Sports Betting Odds
Horse racing’s variety of betting market is somewhat limited. So, race winner markets are naturally the most popular option. Then you can bet on a horse while excluding the favourite in a race. Then you can create multiple bets where you add numerous horses into the same bet. One of the most popular ways to do this is selecting four horses and adding them into a Lucky 15.
Important Betting Terms
There are a few terms that are very popular when it comes to horse racing betting. It is a good idea to get to terms with them.
- Lucky 15 – This bet contains four selections and it is a multiple bet.
In total, there are 15 different bets through this betting option. It will see each combination being part of the bet, such as singles, doubles, trebles and a fourfold accumulator.
- Ante-Post – This is when you place a bet on a horse race many days before the race is taking place.
- Best Odds Guaranteed – This is an offer some bookmakers offer where you will be guaranteed the better of the early price you bet on or the starting price of the horse for a given race.
- Nap – This is when a tipster highlights a given horse for being the best bet of the day.
- Tote – This is a popular type of bet that is placed at the racecourse. All bets go into a pool and you can win a dividend if your selections are successful.
Tips for Horse Racing Betting
Horse racing is extremely popular among sports bettors. Races take place across the world on a daily basis, so there is never a shortage of races for you to place bets on.
Generally, you want to have your research done for a given race. This includes looking at the types of horses that do well at that given track, the course form and current form of a horse. Another important consideration is the grounds considerations for the race, as well as any murmurings you may hear from trainers on the likes of social media.
Checking out what the trainer and jockey have done on a given horse or a track is also a good way to stack the odds in your favour. By putting all of your research together, you should be able to find some great bets that hopefully will be profitable for you.
Horse Racing Sports Betting and Offers
Horse racing is a major focus for countless sports betting sites today. You will get access to races across the world and have the ability to live stream races through the given sites.
It can be a good idea to have an account with a few of the leading horse racing betting sites as you can shop around for the best value when backing a certain horse.
At Roger.com, you can quickly see all of the different leading horse racing betting sites. They have all been properly reviewed so you know that you will be dealing with a legit offering. Then you can access some great bonuses and offers when placing horse racing bets.