Live Roulette from industry juggernaut 888 Games is an exclusive offering featuring a custom-branded table and a vibrant virtual live casino environment.
We reckon it’s the closest thing you’ll find to playing in an actual casino. That’s thanks to 888’s clever use of the latest technology, all powered by industry-leading Evolution Gaming.
There are three ways to throw yourself into this game: classic, 3D or immersive view. The latter uses multi-lens, Hollywood-style camerawork to get players closer to the action than ever before.
Every bet, call and spin of the wheel is captured in glorious high-definition sound and graphics, making you feel you are right there at the table.
Play anywhere, anytime
In all, there are five tables from which to take your pick, and you can play on your mobile device. Equally, if you like to be up all night, the Auto Roulette rooms keep the action going 24/7.
And with plenty of room for everyone, you’re sure to find a place at your table of choice.
How to play
Live Roulette is really simple to play. The idea is to predict the number on which the ball will land by placing one (or more) bets covering that particular number.
The wheel features the numbers 1 to 36, plus one zero, or two in American versions.
Once the betting period has elapsed, the dealer releases the spinning ball within the roulette wheel. It eventually comes to rest in one of the wheel’s numbered pockets. If you’ve placed a bet covering that specific number, you win.
As with most live casino games, you won’t find any bonus games in this roulette variant.
This Live Roulette variant doesn’t feature a progressive jackpot.
There are various bet limits, depending on which table you’ve chosen in the live casino.
Roulette has a number of these, each covering a particular range of numbers, and each with its own payout rate.
Inside bets are made on the numbered space or the lines in between them. Outside bets are made on the boxes below the board or to the left of it.
- Straight up – Place your chip on any single number directly, including zero.
- Split bet – Put your chip on the line between any couple of numbers, on the horizontal or vertical.
- Street bet – Put your chip at the end of any row of numbers; this bet covers three numbers.
- Corner bet – Here the chip goes where four numbers meet, on the corner, to cover all four numbers.
- Line bet – This is where your chip goes at the end of two rows on the join between them. All numbers in both rows, for up to six numbers, are covered.
- Column bet – The chip is placed in one of the boxes marked ‘2 to 1’ at the end of the column covering all dozen number in that column – although no column bet covers the zero.
- Dozen bet – The chip goes in one of the three boxes marked first, second or third 12 and covers the dozen numbers above it.
- Red/Black – Put your chip on the Red or Black box to cover the 18 numbers in these colours. (The zero is not covered.)
- Even/Odd – Your chip is placed in one of these boxes covering the 18 even or odd figures. (Again, the zero is not covered.)
- 1 – 18/19 – 36 – Bet that the number will fall within one of these two ranges by placing your chip in the relevant box. (Again, the zero is not covered.
Finally, look out for Neighbour and Special bets via the relevant button if you fancy playing some of those.
Return to Player (RTP)
Optimal theoretical Return to Player or RTP for Live Roulette is 97.30%; perhaps a shade below the standard percentage for a table game, but still beating most slot games.
For many players, live-dealer games are now their preferred way of enjoying their game of choice. We reckon 888’s Live Roulette offering won’t disappoint – this is a high-quality product.
Check the regular perks and bonuses on offer, as these change regularly, and have fun!