Jacks or Better is a video poker game that welcomes you to the neon lights and clattering coins of the ever-busy Las Vegas. This video poker bears resemblance to Draw Poker and it is one of the simplest forms of classic casino games.
Gameplay only involves holding a hand with Jacks or Better to trigger a win which makes it one of the most basic variants of video poker ever released. It is also the first variant of video poker to be produced so you will find several similarities to the original Draw Game.
How to play
Jacks or Better features a 52-card deck, which can be played on several hands – 3, 5, 10, or 50 – at any one time. To get the game started, you will have to place a stake from 1 – 5 coins.
With your stake in place, you can go ahead and press the deal button. The video poker takes off immediately. You will be required to choose whether to Hold any of the 5 base playing cards back with the hope of creating a winning combination.
If, after the draw, you still hold one or more of the poker hands-on display on the awards sections of the game’s paytable, you will be awarded a payout for that hand.
This simple gameplay is one of the reasons why this video poker variant is quite popular.
To make the gameplay more exciting, this video poker comes with a feature that allows you to hold onto any of the playing cards that will form part of a winning hand. This feature will trigger automatically – giving you better chances at claiming a payout.
- Royal Flush: This refers to the five playing card royals consisting of Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10s of the same suit.
- Straight Flush: Comprises five sequential cards of the same suit in a sequence.
- Four of a Kind: Comprises four cards of the same rank.
- Full House: Consists of three matching cards of the same rank, and two matching cards of another.
- Flush: Refers to five cards of a similar suit
- Straight: Comprises of five consecutive cards of mixed suits.
- Three of a Kind: Comprises of three matching cards of the same rank.
- Two Pair: Refers to two matching cards of the same rank and a second matching pair from another.
- Jacks or Better: Consists of a hand featuring a pair of Jacks.
Gamble Win Bonus Feature
For every win in the game, you get to choose to Gamble your win for even bigger payouts. You can also choose to simply collect your winnings or go ahead with the Gamble feature. During the gamble feature, you will have to guess the colour or suit of a card to double or quadruple your winnings.
Simple gameplay is one of the big features players look out for when trying out poker games and with so many complex variants out there, Jacks or Better just comes off as one of the most exciting offers. You can claim simple game wins or go for boosts with the Gamble feature.