Doctor in the house! The Spin Doctor slot game has 20 fixed Paylines and is from Inspired Gaming; it’s played over five reels and four rows.
The ‘doctor’ in question probably isn’t a professional you’d want to take a medical complaint to – unless you actually want to be treated by a faintly dodgy-looking crocodile in a lurid waistcoat and top hat!
The background is a decidedly gloomy-looking, cartoonish swamp, with a rickety wooden stilted house visible. This murky backdrop certainly throws the bright reels into stark relief.
With stacked Wilds and some attractive bonus features, Spin Doctor could be what the doctor ordered if your slots playing is feeling a little under the weather – it may be a prescription for a nice payout!
How to play
There’s nothing overly complicated about this game, so you should find it easy to get to grips with.
Essentially, the controls should be familiar if you’ve had any previous slots experience. Raise or lower bet size with the Change Stake button, and use Autoplay to spin the reels automatically for a set number of turns. (You can include a loss limit.)
Other features include Turbo mode to speed up the reel animation, although it won’t affect the game’s outcome. Meanwhile, choosing the Fortune Bet options raises the stake by 50% and doubles the height of the bonus symbol. This, in turn, makes it easier to launch the main feature.
Essentially, your mission is to land two, three, four or five-of-a-kind reel wins or a bonus, triggered by collecting three bonus symbols on Reels 1, 3 or 5 while playing the base game.
Wins happen from left to right, starting with the reel furthest left, and you can win on any or all of the lines.
Bear in mind that, unfortunately, you will lose your stake if you don’t win the game, and only the highest win per each winning combination pays out.
High-value symbols include the top hat, the game logo, a mask, a book, a potion vial and the head of a bird. As is standard, the ‘face cards’ from the pack – Jack, Queen and King, constitute the less lucrative symbols.
Spin Doctor slot special features
The Wild is that word in pink, and as usual, it replaces all others in a bid to help create winning combos. However, it doesn’t replace the Spin Doctor bonus symbol.
Main bonus feature
Trigger this when you bag a hat-trick of bonus symbols on Reels 1, 3 and 5, as mentioned above. This gives you a screen of bubbles which you pick until you find three of the same colour. That will then decide which of these three bonuses you get:
- Red Super Swamp Spins – Get unrestricted free spins plus a fully wild Reel 3 until you win at least 20x your wager.
- Purple Freek Spins – With this you get 10 free whirls plus if you see a voodoo doll, which will take away the least lucrative icon from the reels. If you get one, two or three dolls, that also bags you one, three or five further freebies respectively.
- Green/Golden Croc-Trails – Spin the dice and travel through the swamp gathering multiplier values. Gain bigger wins by landing on a hut and downing cocktails, or end the round by drinking too much.
You’ll only find these in the base game, and there are two parts:
- Win/Win – Papa Croc appears at random during a spin to announce this bonus. Choose one of three tarot cards to discover your prize once the reels stop spinning. Possible wins include a Big Win or one or more five-of-a-kind winning combos.
- Bonus chance – In which additional bonus icons arrive on the reels.
Return to Player (RTP)
Spin Doctor comes with a Return to Player or RTP that’s fairly standard-to-low at 95%, so there’s not much to write home about here.
Spin Doctor is certainly an action-packed offering, with some tempting bonus features to maintain your interest. Plus you only need to land two symbols for the smallest win. So it’s definitely worth a shot, and could prove a tonic! Try it in demo mode before you part with any real cash.