Played on a standard 5×3 format, Arcane Reel Chaos from industry heavy-hitter NetEnt features 20 Paylines.
The focus in this May 2019 release is a quartet of superheroes working to protect their creepy town from the malicious Deep Pockets, and there’s a dark, grown-up story going on here.
The slot is set against what appears to be a ruined church, with a murky purple background. Interestingly, it was the first to use the new Play user interface from this operator, aimed at streamlining the gaming experience and making it more straightforward.
Game mechanics are not dissimilar to South Park Reel Chaos, a now-defunct NetEnt release.
How to play
Spin away from just 20p, or for up to a relatively modest £20 each go.
The typical A to 10 playing-card values join our superheroes, named Flare, Zero.X, Psyop and Chrono, each one of which has its own icon.
While he may be evil, Deep Pockets is actually the most lucrative icon. Scoop five on one Payline and you’re in for a payday worth 50x stake.
There is a Wild icon which fulfils its usual role of replacing all other emblems, bar Scatters.
On any base-game whirl, the superheroes mentioned above can rock up randomly to dust the reels with their superpowers:
- Zero.x (Superpower: Overlay Wilds): Between three and five Wilds hurled randomly onto the reels
- Flare (Superpower: Multipliers): A fearsome female character, Flare can enhance wins by up to 5x
- Psyop (Superpower: Stacked Wilds): Look forward to two or three reels being fully stacked with Wilds
- Chrono (Superpower: Respins): This kicks in following a losing whirl. On every respin, a multiplier meter goes up by a factor of one, to a maximum of 10x.
Activate this in the usual way with three Scatters on Reels 1,3 and 5 at the same time. Your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to battle it out with arch-villain Deep Pockets.
The round has up to four levels, and if you get through all four, you get an extra reward or victory bonus.
The feature works like this:
- Level 1: Deep Pockets has two ‘health points’ with a 1x multiplier
- Level 2: Deep Pockets has four ‘health points’ with a 2x multiplier
- Level 3: Deep Pockets has five ‘health points’ with a 3x multiplier
- Level 4: Deep Pockets has six ‘health points’ with a 4x multiplier
A progressive jackpot doesn’t come into play with Arcane Reel Chaos. However, fill all the reels with Deep Pockets and yours will need to be pretty capacious to trouser a tidy 1,000x stake.
Add in the possible 10x multiplier from the Chrono respins perk and you could be looking at a payday of 10,000x original stake.
Return to Player (RTP)
Return to Player or RTP is generous in Arcane Reel Chaos at 96.8%, and you can expect some mid-variance gaming action here.
Unusually, you may find more action in the base game than the free spins round. But overall you can look forward to a nicely balanced game with evenly distributed wins.
With classy looks and enough bonus perks to hold your attention, you ought to find Arcane Reel Chaos interesting to play. Characters have been nicely developed, and the game has a strong narrative.
Give it a go – and let us know how you got on.