If you’re up for some action, then you will enjoy everything this video poker game has to offer.
Joker Wild poker is another thrilling title from the studios of Netent which has achieved great success with other video poker games such as Jacks or Better, All American Poker and more.
Also known as Joker Poker, Joker Wild poker features impressive graphics and an intuitive interface that adds fun to the gameplay. The game comes with 6 modes for 1, 5, 10, 25, 50 and 100 hands per bet and can be played for free or real money.
How to play
Unlike other video poker titles, Joker Wild is played with 53 cards and this is because of the addition of a joker to the standard deck.
The joker acts as the wild and will substitute for other cards, thereby increasing the winning odds in favour of the player. Joker Wild rules are straightforward and pretty easy to understand.
To start playing, you’ll need to set a bet. Bet limits range from the lows of 0.10 coins to the highs of 62.50 coins. With your stake set, click the DEAL button to begin and you’ll be given 5 cards by the machine.
At this point, your job is to analyse the cards and Paytables and decide on the ones to hold and discard. Once decided, select the cards that need to be held and press the HOLD button.
The whole idea is to acquire a set of cards that offer a huge payout. After the draw, you get paid if a winning set of cards is formed.
Joker Wild Poker Winning Hands
- Natural Royal Flush: This basically refers to the Royal Flush without a Joker.
- 5 of a Kind: Comprises of 5 different cards of the same value completed with a Joker
- Royal Straight Flush: Refers to a Royal Straight Flush achieved with a Joker.
- Straight Flush: Consists of five consecutive cards from the same suit
- Four of a Kind: This means 4 different cards having the same value (9, 9, 9, 9)
- Full House: Full house refers to 3 cards having the same value and 2 other cards of the same value (5, 5, 5 and K, K for example)
- Flush: Comprising 5 different cards carrying from the same suit (5 clubs for example)
- Straight: Five successive cards from different suits
Three of a Kind: Indicates three cards bearing the same value (K, K, K for example)
- Kings or Higher: a pair of Aces or Kings, probably completed with a Joker
Return to Player (RTP)
As far as online video pokers go, Joker Wild poker has a pretty impressive RTP value set at 97.95%. This is a good sign for playing hoping to win decent returns for every coin staked.
While there are different variations of video poker to try out, Joker Wild poker makes for one of the most popular picks and might be the best option for newbies looking to try out a game of poker. Aside from its quality graphics, the game features straightforward gameplay that should attract new players.